Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Irresistible Force vs. the Immovable Object in My House

Philosophers (哲学者) have long debated the irresistible force vs. the immovable object conundrum. In the end, which one would win?

Similarly, comic books fans have also long debated who would win if the unstoppable Juggernaut ran into the immovable Blob.

But when the Golden State Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers for the 2017 NBA Championships, many people saw it as proof that the irresistible force - in this case Stephen Curry - always beats the immovable object - or LeBron James as "the object."

But I have another battle for you to consider, a battle that I see every day. My long-haired cat Mashuくん versus my Dyson vacuum cleaner (掃除機). You see, Mashuくん sheds a lot of hair every day, but as the temperature rises in summer, his hair is out of control. It's everywhere - on the carpet, on my clothes, in my food. You get the idea.

So I have a Dyson DC48, one of the most powerful home vacuum cleaners on the planet, to pick up his hair. So which one do you think wins?


The answer is, Mashuくん and his immovable hair. No matter how many times I vacuum back and forth on the carpet, I can't get all of it.  It truly is immovable.

So I do my best each day to pick up as much as I can, knowing it's a losing battle. And hoping that some philosophers with too much free time on their hands will come by and help me do some vacuuming.


John
www.englishimpact.com
Like me (いいね) on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @Englishimpact

No comments:

Post a Comment